Pilot Bread Blog

Good morning,


My name is Addison Cox, I am a second year student about to receive my associates in general studies. I've been very ambivalent about which degree I wish to get. I'm from Utqiagvik, formerly Barrow, and was raised between there and Anchorage. I was living in Fairbanks for the last four or five years as it was just a single bush plane ride to Anaktuvuk Pass, where my oldest sister and my in-laws live. I enjoy hunting, fishing, camping and the simple pleasures afforded by rural life. My relationship to art is rooted in my father's passion for sketching mostly. The little time I spent with him while he was around I watched him sketch quite a bit his own iterations of motorcycles and cars. He was pretty big on Motor Trend and the like. But my sisters from my father's side of the family are all very gifted artists--my sister a relatively renown one at least in the arctic circle. As for me, I take to all forms and just appreciate modes of self expression. I really enjoy writing and story telling particularly. My link is a native arts class I took a few years ago at UAF, it was mask making and I couldn't seem to find the class work so my link is a general link to the art center. Native Art Studio site


Comments

  1. Much impressed! Huge reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choice for an arts link in your introduction. I'm sorry you could find the work you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Addison,
    I am from Texas and still fairly new to living in Alaska. I love to see all the Native art and how nature is a part of everything. I believe that nature is my favorite form of art. It is always different and expressive. It means something different to everyone. I look forward to your insight in this class.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Taking of Christ, Caravaggio

Modern Art: The Influence of WW1